As part of Fairtrade Fortnight, Year 3 cycled to a local olive farm. We had an amazing day out and we learnt so much thanks to all of Pep’s creative and well planned activities which also linked with the topics we have been learning about in school.
Children had to work together to solve the puzzles and clues. Some of the activities included:
- Learning about all the vegetables growing on the farm (while practising our spellings)
- Food webs and animal chains worksheet
- Orienteering (using a map)
- Meeting the hens
- Football bowling (while practising addition)
- Planting tomatoes
- Trampoline multiplication
- Fairtrade activity
I magnificent day was had by all and we are grateful to have such enthusiastic members of our ISCAT community, enabling us to take part in these excursions.
Thank you to Pep and Maria for hosting us and to our Year 3 families for supporting our “Let´s get cycling” campaign.
UNICEF – RRS – Article 4 – Making Rights Real
UNITED NATIONS – SDG – Global Goal 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production